Regulations for financial operations
- Short-sale of publicly traded stock taxation.
- Re-purchase agreements of financial securities are treated as financing with an interest component.
- Premiums paid in the own-stock placements.
- Tax cost basis and limitations to apply the exemption regime available for publicly traded stock in the case of non-payment shares.
- New regulations on the acquisition of credit instruments, credit portfolios and bonds at a value below par value (repeals current IRS interpretation).
- Modification of requirements to apply the exemption regime applicable to bonds and debt titles governed by Article 104.
- Modification of rules regarding interest accrual in case of bonds or debt titles subject to Article 104.
- Modification of instruments that may apply for the exemption regime contained in Article 108 for the disposition or redemption of quotas of funds that are not subject to Article 107.